Bkgd

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holiday Miracles

Happy Sunday Everyone in Blog Land!

The weather is a bit chilly today, so what better day to post this little snowman from Whipper Snapper! His name is Think Snow-Man! I have told myself that I would get some projects done to donate for a church auction since the beginning of the year.  Well the auction is on Wednesday and this is all I have to show for the year of thinking.  I made a total of six of these and packaged them up in hopes that someone will find a good home for them this holiday season.

I am a bit excited about the image as I have been looking at Zoe's work from Make it Crafty http://www.makeitcrafty.com.au/crafts-blog.  She is absolutely amazing!  I read an article of hers in the latest issue of Magnolia Ink and she shows how to use the gray tone copics for shadowing.  I have been doing this all along with the prisma pencils.  Well today, I am proud to say that I only used the pencils for the outline to make him stand out a bit.  All the image shading is done with the gray tones!!! I was so excited.  I guess that means I need more gray copics, good thing Christmas is coming =-).

Now for the details:
I used craft paper as the card base, I love the warm feel of that brown.  The paper is by My Minds Eye, both the striped and tree papers.  The image is Whipper Snapper, sentiment is Magnolia and the lacy border around the image is a Spellbinders die.  I embossed some snowflakes randomly around the snowman to give it some extra texture. I finished it off with some twine.


Copics:
Nose:  E97, YR65, YR68
Arms:  E31
Shoes:  E31, E37, E57
Trim:  W1, W3, W5
Coat & Hat:  T1, R83, R85, W1, W3, W5
Bell:  E97, E99
Scarf:  YG93, YG95, YG97; E30, E31, E34

Now for the inside:
The sentiment is by Printworks Collection.  The snowflakes were cut with a Tim Holtz Alterations Die.  I added a bit of shimmer to the snowflakes by embossing.

Finally, I packaged six of them up and made a little tent topper to make them a bit more presentable.  I stamped the inside sentiment on a tag for people to see.

Now that this project is done, I am off to color some more and practice some pleats and shading with the grays!  I hope you have a fantastic day!

Thanks for looking!  Your comments are always appreciated.
Until next time.....
Athina

3 comments:

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!