Bkgd

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Crafty Gals May Challenge

Welcome Back Blogging Friends!

Today, I have a challenge from the Crafty Gals Blogging Group over at SCS.  Our host this month is
Tracie and she gave us plenty of time to create.  Thank you Tracie!

So our challenge this month....

"Celebrating Those Who Love Us"

This month's theme celebrates those who have sacrificed so much to help us become the people we are today. This could be mothers, fathers, friends, Jesus, or anyone you'd like to celebrate! On your project, include the following:
1. At least 3 layers
2. At least 2 embellishments
3. At least 1 sentiment

I knew instantly who I would make this challenge card for.  A very special man in my life, my first love, my best friend, MY DAD!

We have always had a very special bond.  He was 17 when I was born and being a young man at the time, he was afraid he would break me if he held me.  As I became a toddler, he was my playmate at night when he would come home from a long day at work.  There were times he worked two jobs to make sure he could provide for our family.  As I got older, he became my best friend.

He is a very kind, honest and down to earth man with a wild ornery streak.  He is rarely home because he is out helping his kids, family or friends.  The man does not know the work NO, but that is part of what makes him so special.  He is very selfless.  He is always there for a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on or a good laugh.  I enjoy the time we get to spend together, though it always seems it is never enough.

This challenge falls on a weekend where it is very important to let my dad know how much I love him and how important he is to me.  I love you dad, you mean the world to me.  Thank you for your love and friendship.  I know I can always count on you.  You have made a difference!

So back to the challenge.  The image is by Fred She Said Designs, colored with copics.  I am taking the Copic Advance online class by Suzanne Dean.  This is my attempt at a rusty truck.  I put some brads, twine and a little heart tied at the bottom.  The heart charm was silver, but I rusted it up with my brown copics to match the card.  I distressed all the edges to match the worn and tattered truck.




copics used



Please stop by and see the other wonderful creations from the Crafty Gals group.


I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Poodles Parlour - Anything goes
Wags n Whiskers - Distressing
Digi Doodle Shops best - Anything Goes
Fab n Funky - Celebrate Maleness


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you were able to take some inspiration from the post today.  Make sure to tell your loved ones what they mean to you.  You never know what tomorrow holds.

Have a great day!
Until next time....
Athina

20 comments:

  1. Athina, your story brought tears to my eyes! It's so nice to hear that you're so close with your Dad...that's truly a blessing!

    Your card is gorgeous as always! Love the way you colored that image & the distressing you did. Very nice job on the challenge Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card. The image and coloring of the truck is so nice. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Athina, LOVE LOVE LOVE your colouring in that car!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and an even lovlier story! Your truck is just perfectly colored and your distressing accents your whole scene beautifully. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour! {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card--I love the truck and your colors are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza!! That is so awesome!!! GREAT card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love how you colored that image! Great masculine card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a fantastic card ,so beautifully coloured...perfection
    thanks for joining us at the digi doodle shop and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your coloring is just awesome!! That card is amazing. This is one of the best guy cards I have seen. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for the challenge, but can I just say WOWZERS! on your colored image. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat, I really like the truck colors and it's neat to hear your Celebrating the Ones We Love Story for the SCS Crafty Girls Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love it!!! Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you really nailed the rusty look!!! I love old pick ups too. I got one from Stampin' Up last month and have lots of fun coloring it with my Prismacolor pencils. I haven't tackled the rust yet. Your relationship sounds a lot like the one I had with my Daddy. He was such a special man, so I know how much you love your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is the best car card ive ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love your colouring. Thanks for joining this weeks Digi Doodle Shop Challenge.
    Lorraine DDSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've captured the rust look absolutely perfectly. Gorgeous coloring.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I am really loving the rust on this old truck! Your coloring is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super creation, love all the rust! Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week for Anything Goes!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! I love how you colored the heart charm and the twine is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!