Bkgd

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Cozy Log Cabin!

Hello Friends!

I hope your day is fantastic!  We have a day full of family and friends planned for today and I can't wait! Several years ago, I went and purchased a sewing machine and thought I would make lots of quilts.  Well, I did a few but my interests changed over time.  The quilts I made were not large ones, but lap quilts or wall hangings.  I had done a few called a Log Cabin Pattern.  You can make the quilt blocks into different patterns to make a different quilt each time using the same block.  Very cool!

They make me think of a baby quilt when you use the soft colors.  So taking that inspiration from years ago, I figured out how to make a log cabin quilt block for the front of a card.  Yeap, it is out of paper and new stitches!



I cut strips of paper 1/2" wide and started with a 4 1/2" base (in yellow).  I put the strips down alternating sides.  When I was finished I had just a little 1/2" square for the middle.  Very easy!  I finished it off with a little yellow button on the outside.


The inside actually has a pocket which you will see in the last picture.  I did it with the same DP I used on the outside.  The only paper I know the brand of is the green plaid, it is MME.  The others came from my stash from many years ago and I have no idea.  The stamped sentiment is by Stampin Up.

Here is the little tag.  One of my blogging groups sent a member a tag for her new little bundle of joy.  I incorporated mine into the card before sending it to her.  


I hope you enjoyed it!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings until next time!
Athina

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the quilted theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Athina, I should try this. Very cute idea for a baby card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total genius, Athina! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design! I may have to give this a go. Love the patterns and the colors...so creative.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really neat. And just the other day I was thinking that I should try making a quilt card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the pocket on the inside. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I love the quilt look, and the colors your chose are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a lot of work. I love the card, it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!