Bkgd

Friday, August 24, 2012

Enjoy the Journey!

Good Morning!

I made this card for my dad's birthday.  I wanted it to look a bit rustic so I used the rusted enamel technique with my distress inks and embossing powders.  Tim Holtz teaches this in his Creative Chemistry 101 online class.

First you cover the background in distress ink.  I used my greens.  Then you cover the entire paper with embossing ink and then embossing powder.  Now before you heat the embossing powder, you pick up the paper and flick it with your fingers on the back side.  This causes some of the ink to fall off the paper leaving little "pits" in the embossing.  Then you go over the paper with your brown distress inks.  That leaves it to look like the paper background is a bit rusty.

So after all that, I tore off the edges and stamped this little car on there to make it a bit manly for my dad. I did use some white distress stain to lightly put the Enjoy the Journey image on the background paper.  I finished him off with the metal embellishment tied with twine.  I wrapped the twine behind the card and left it a bit loose to give it more of an old feel.




This is the inside of the card.  Very simple with another Tim Holtz embellishment.


I hope you picked up something that you can use in your crafting today.  Please stop by again, your visit is greatly appreciated!

Blessings until next time...
Athina

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cool technique and you've done it beautifully! Your dad is going to love this card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine card! I love the inside too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cool! Even the inside is clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card and cool technique. I like how you did the inside with two different papers and the adorable embellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting background!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat technique, love the way your dad's birthday card turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!