Bkgd

Friday, October 5, 2012

Crafty Gals October Challenge!

Hi Blogging Friends!

Today I am back with our monthly challenge from a blogging group over at SCS, the Crafty Gals.  This month it was my turn to host the challenge.  So here goes...

Think Outside the Box!

I challenge you to make a project with no squares or rectangles (not even the base of a card or scrapbook layout). Since we have already stepped outside the box, lets take another step. Try a technique that you have not tried before. It is always fun to learn something new and expand our creativity. Have fun with it!

When I first came up with the challenge, I had an idea in mind.  Well after going back to that idea, I discovered that it ended up being square.  Scratch that idea.... So I had to do some thinking and looking on Pinterest.  Finally, just in the nick of time I found these cute little pumpkins.  They are not square. And I made them using medallions, which I have never made before.  Challenge accomplished!

So here are the paper pumpkins!







I cut a 8" x 12" piece of orange double sided cardstock.  I scored it on the 12 inch side every 1/4 inch.  Then I cut it into strips (1 - 1x12" strip, 2 - 1 1/4x12" strips, 3 - 1 1/2x12" strips).  Out of those strips I made medallions and then began stacking them in the following order:  1 1/4", 3 - 1 1/2", 1 1/4" and finally the 1" strip.  I finished the top with a stick, some curled wire, two felt leaves and a round tag.

Just a note, the tutorial and credit for the idea for these cute little pumpkins goes to Two Paper Diva's.

Please stop by and see what the rest of the Crafty Gals created.


Melina ~ Crafty Scrapper
Tracie ~ The Crafty Touch
Carolina ~ Cardolina Scrapolina 
 Jackie ~ Kreate With Me 2

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Blessings until next time!
Athina

13 comments:

  1. OK! I NEVER would've thought to do something like this Athina! Your paper pumpkins are awesome & so very creative....thanks for a great challenge Hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my how cute! This is a great way to think outside the box! I love these Athina. Thanks for a great challenge this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! Great Challenge Athina and I love your creation. Such a perfect fall gift--and I bet it looks great on your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athina, even though I struggled with my technique... I loved your challenge. Let me tell you... those pumpkins are so gorgeous!!!. I love the branch detail and those springs, great details and great project!!!. Thanks for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! I love these! Great challenge this month. It turned out to be easier than I thought it was going to be and I'm happy with my project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Love these pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Athina, oh my goodness... these are just way too cute! What fun pumpkins!!! Your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pumpkins are cute and look very labor intensive. They will make great decorations for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sooo cute!!! Would you believe that I have never made a medallion??? What am I waiting for??? I've seen so many cute projects using them. I need to JUST DO IT! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG those are sooooo clever!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable and cute idea! Thanks for the measurements as well:)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, these are just too cute!!! How clever are you?!! (Uh very!!) I love them!! They would make great name place tags for Thanksgiving dinner!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!