Bkgd

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Snowman Parts!

Hello Blogging Friends,

For some reason, I have been wanting to work on Christmas Cards for the last few weeks.  Last year I can say, I was not really in the holiday spirit, but I think this year will be totally different.  I am just about ready to turn on the Christmas songs and sing along.

I could not find the right background paper to go along with this Sassy Cheryl's Snowman Parts image, so I made my own using the emboss resist technique and some tim holtz blue distress inks and Stampers Anonymous snowflakes .  I first embossed the snowflakes on white card stock.  Then I used three different colors of ink over the entire sheet of card stock to add color.  The embossed images resist the ink and come out very bright white.  I then cut the colored image out with my spellbinders die and added some ribbon and a snowflake charm.




The image was colored on cryogen paper using copics:
Basket:  E31, E33, E35, E37, W1, W3, W5, E19
Scarf:  E99, YR24, YR27, G14, G07, G17, B91, B93, B95, R24, R27, R89
Hat:  0, W3, W5, W7, W10
Twigs:  E43, E47, E49
Carrot:  YR15, YR18, YR68
Snowman:  0, W1, W2, W3


The inside is done using tim holtz distress inks and white embossing powder for the emboss resist technique.  The sentiment is by Printworks Collection

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by.

Blessings until next time...
Athina

9 comments:

  1. Love how you've done the background! The coloring of this too fun of an image is fantastic.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card the image is fabulous and I love the layout the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, thank you for joining in at LEJ Designs; good luck. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. I love that you did the inside also. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Nutcrafters. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little image. Lovely card! Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs this week! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun card, love the idea of a snowman party!! Great to have you joining in the challenge at Twisted Tuesday! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!!! I love how you used the resist technique to do the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card, such fun, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!