Bkgd

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

PTT 123 - Happy Father's Day


Hello Blogging Friends!

Today I am back with an other challenge at Party Time Tuesdays!  This week is all about Father's Day!  I have to say that I have been very blessed to have the best father a girl could ask for.  He is the one person I can go to for anything and we share that very special father - daughter bond.

Our fabulous sponsor is QKR Stampede!



If you are a regular visitor, you know I have been hustling to get my dad's scrapbook done this past month for Father's Day.  The first page of his book is usually a picture of him and I write something special for him.  This year, I decided to take a different approach.  He took his entire family on a trip to Florida this past September.  So I choose a picture of all his kids (and spouses) and granddaughters on that trip for the first page of his book.  

I started with a Basic Grey background and just began adding different distressed and sewn pieces of paper, along with rags, and different embellishments.

The lace is sewn to the page and I have used a Tim Holtz ticket for journaling.


A few doilies, buttons and another Tim Holtz ticket.


I used a playing card with a G for the family last name.


The edges of the papers are all distressed and torn.  I added another tag for fun.


Be sure to stop by this week and play along with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Thank you for stopping by today!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

4 comments:

  1. Athina, I love your scrappbooking page, especially the lace & doily & the tags. It's a special page for a very special person. I know your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful page!! I love all of the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just gorgeous Athina! Your Dad is going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT page Athina! I love the randomness of the page but so good together. The color scheme is great too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!