Bkgd

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

PTT #124 - Fancy Folds

Good Morning Friends!

It is Tuesday, so another challenge is here for PTT!  This week is all about fancy folds.  So make sure you show us your creations using more than one fold.

I decided not to use my copics on this one.  I wanted to play around with my other love, distress inks!  For my fold, I am using an Upright Z Fold card.  I love the way it turned out.  I used kraft paper for the back of the card and then white card stock for the inked pieces.


I used the MFT round banner die to cut out the top.  I embossed the Tim Holtz Retro Holiday  snowman image and inked around it in blues.  I added some snowflakes in different shades of blue to add some dimension.





I added another Tim Holtz image embossed with blue ink.  Tied some twine and a button on the front.


I used the MFT mix and match round banner with the calendar month stamped on it to hold the top of the card.


I dry embossed the background with clear embossing ink and embossing powder.  I used the Stampendous Christmas background.  After I dry embossed it, I used a variety of brown inks in an embossing resist technique.


The inside sentiment is by Printworks.  I emboss resist some additional snowflakes under the sentiment.

Tim Holtz Distress Inks used:
Clear
Gathered Twigs
Brushed Corduroy
Walnut Stain
Chipped Saphire
Broken China
Faded Jeans

So it is your turn!  Get your score pal out and come share some fun folds with us this week at PTT!
 
I would like to enter into the following challenges:

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I always enjoy reading the lovely comments you leave behind with your visit!

Blessings until next time....
Athina




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!